Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Photostart & 5 Awards

I am excited to I hear the Australian Centre for Photography will be holding a student exhibition for Terms 1 and 2.  I submit a photo from Camera Craft 2 which I am thrilled to hear will be onPhotostart_invitation_image digital display.   The competition is high and as I watch the digital displays and see the prints on display I am amazed at the talented bunch of people who have passed through the ACP.  

On the heels of this news, we hold the end of year awards night at my camera club.  It is the night of nights, eagerly awaited by all of us enthusiastic amateurs. 

We are fortunate to have a very fair judge who gives great feedback on the photos we have picked for this final competition.  Imagine my delight when I win the first award of the night for the monochrome print of the year!  It is the same print that was on exhibition at ACP and has got very good feedback each time it was judged. B& W Steve Graffiti

I have also come third in the mini print category and win three more awards for points of the year.  This includes second place in monochrome, third place in the digital category and an overall achievement of third place in points for the year!  I am delighted with my haul and leave encouraged to pursue this hobby further….  Day at the Beach

2012 11 End of Year Comp

More information on the night can be found at:
http://www.hornsbyheightscameraclub.com/joomla/index.php/news-updates/39-photoyear12

No comments:

Post a Comment