Sunday, September 2, 2012

Double Exposures & Fireworks

It’s Steve’s birthday and we have decided to have dinner at Blues Point, North Sydney.  It is a little nook in the city that is mostly patronised by locals but has some of the best views of the harbour bridge at the end of the road.

We drive down here on speck and find a lovely Mediterranean restaurant.  The music is perfect and we are seated in the lovely warm indoor section where we relax on cushioned seats to enjoy our dinner.

It is a cold night but I can’t resist the urge to take a few photos after dinner.  I had recently learnt that even digital cameras are able to take double exposures.  Having set my camera on shutter priority and the bulb setting, I try my hand at double exposures.  Having my camera on a tripod and using a bit of black cloth to close the shutter while I rotate to another view point….. I capture my first double exposure of the Harbour Bridge..

We drive down to Luna Park and find another incredible look out point.  It must be my lucky night…fireworks explode across the water and I have another go at trying out the theory of double exposures..

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs."
-Ansel Adams-

No comments:

Post a Comment