Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Vivid Sydney

Vivid Sydney is a fabulous festival of lights, music and ideas guaranteed to blow away those winter blues!  Having been out of the country for a year, I had never been to this festival previously and was really excited when I discovered it.  In fact I stumbled across it as I was looking for options to spend a red balloon voucher my friends gave me for my 50th birthday.  I was quite excited when I found the perfect experience to spend it on – a night photography class at Vivid Sydney.

Vivid Sydney 10 June 12-003

Vivid Sydney is the ultimate celebration of creativity, when light projections illuminate icons such as the Opera House, Customs House and the Museum of Contemporary Art and smaller installations dot the area around Circular Quay. 

It is the biggest festival of its kind in the IMG_8392.CR2Southern Hemisphere, attracting hundreds of thousands of people to the City. I had booked my class on a Friday night, so I rushed to the City from work, to be there in time for the 6pm start.  It has been a beautiful warm sunny day but while the weather was perfect it had also brought the crowds to the city and manoeuvring tripods and camera gear amongst the throngs was quite a challenge.

I learnt a few new tricks in my class including shooting the light trails of cars, panning to create some movement and composition at night, but I think I need to practice these techniques in a less busy space.

 

 

Vivid Sydney 10 June 12-019

Vivid Sydney Web

No comments:

Post a Comment