Monday, November 5, 2012

Photo Workshop

October is one of those special months that has 5 Tuesdays..and hence in addition to our monthly competition at our photo club, we also have a photo workshop.  I’m excited because this workshop is all about shooting water droplets….and I’ve never really given that a go.

Sean has done all the hard work prior to us getting there.  There are a number of setups that we can practice at…and I give the wineglass a go.  Sean has has fastened a wineglass on a piece of wood which sits on top of a bucket.  Our task is to photograph this has he carefully pours coloured liquid on to it.  Our camera’s are set on manual.  We choose a fast shutter speed (1/1600 sec) and an aperture of 7.1.  I adjust the ISO, to ensure my photograph will be exposed according to the available light.  I end up with an ISO of 800, which is quite high but expected under the light conditions.  I manually focus my camera and as Sean begins to pour I begin to shoot…….!

The following are a few of the images I captured that day……….2012 10 31 Water Drops (4 of 4)2012 10 31 Water Drops (3 of 4)2012 10 31 Water Drops (2 of 4)

2012 10 31 Water Drops (1 of 4)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it. ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment