Sunday, November 27, 2011

Photography Club: Print of the Year Competition

It is the final competition night at our photography club.  I rush here from the screening of the movie Thirst as I am keen to see what the judge will say about the “best of the best”, from 2011.  I have only just joined this club, hence I can only submit photos from the one occasion when I previously submitted some entries.  There are four categories in the completion and this includes, colour prints, monochrome, mini prints and black and white.

I arrive late to find most categories have been judged but my gorilla has made third place in the colour prints category.  The judge on the night was Michael Smyth from the Lane Cove Club and we briefly chat at the end as I pick up my third place winner.  I am excited and pleased.  It is good to keep getting positive feedback about my photographs.

Gorillas-5

"I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you." –Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment