Friday, July 15, 2011

Launching Connections

Banner_Connections
I’ve taken two days leave for the launch of Connections.  The lead-up has been hectic organising publicity, getting the catalogues and other material printed and making sure all the other bits and pieces were coming together.
I’ve spoken to the Bush Telegraph, the Hornsby Advocate and the Chronicle in Pennant Hills and links to these reviews are on my website connec2nil.  My partner Steven who has Sandwich Board Posterbeen in Copenhagen for 2 weeks, flies in first thing on Thursday morning and my day starts with a trip to the airport.  After a quick shower and a bite to eat we drive to the library to set up.  The process of hanging the photos and text is harder than we imagine but after two days of running around we are almost ready for the launch.
In addition to the photos we have a table with flyers, business cards, evaluation sheets, reviews, guest sign-in and my printed blogs for people to browse through.  A few chairs are scattered around the room but this will be a stand up event.  A sandwich board with a colourful poster at the entrance heralds the exhibition.
My friend Anita is busy setting up in the kitchen and by 6pm we are ready for our first visitors who start arriving shortly after. 
Steven opens the speeches with a warm welcome and invites the Mayor of Hornsby to the podium.  He gives a lovely speech to launch Connections and I wrap up with thanks to everyone who helped makes this a success and a bit of inspiration thrown in for good measure.   Steve and I have made a movie about my year away and they play as people watch and browse and chat.  The room is buzzing and I ‘ve launched my first exhibition…
A Travelbugs Journey Part 1 of 2
A Travelbugs Journey Part 2 of 2













  “The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you’ll discover will be wonderful. What you’ll discover is yourself.” — Alan Alda

2 comments:

  1. Wow, exquisite. No other word to describe this. Keep up the creative work. Anyone can draw inspiration from your work. Have been following you for a while.
    best.
    ex-neighbor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Srinath..Thanks for that..and am glad you found me on cyber space. Been experimenting with the new Dynamic look. Not sure if it works for this or not :) Hope u are well. Have a look at my website if you haven't already. Links to my old blog etc.
    www.connec2nil.com.au
    cheers, Nil

    ReplyDelete