Monday, October 1, 2012

Luna Park

There aren’t too many parks in the world with buildings that are heritage listed but Sydney’ Luna Park is one of them!  The park built in the 1930’s at the foot of the harbour bridge is also in what must be one of the prime locations in the world. 2012 09 Luna Park

Photographing an icon is usually best avoided.  It is very hard to look at something that has been done so many times before with fresh eyes.  But it isn’t really the bridge or even Luna Park that has brought us to Milson’s Point.  We have come here to meet up with Shane, my travel agent who now works in Kirribilli and who was instrumental in booking my trip around the world.  I haven’t seen Shane since I left on my travels in April 2010….so it is fun to catch up and reminisce with someone who knew the details of my trip, almost as intimately as I did.  We are here to collect our travel documents for our next adventure…Sri Lanka and India!  I haven’t been overseas since I came back and although this is only a small break in comparison…I am excited by the sense of anticipation…the taste of a new adventure almost tangible once more.

We wander around taking photos, enjoying the warm spring day before we head back up the road to a bustling Thai restaurant for some fresh seafood in a part of town we don’t usually find ourselves…

_MG_2596.CR2

“There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not outside, not on other people. That comes afterward, when you've worked on your own corner”.   Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment