Sunday, August 28, 2011

Feedback..and a Winner!

As part of my exhibition, I asked people for feedback.  Many of my friends who attended the exhibition gave me very encouraging feedback but I was quite amazed to find that each time I went to the library to top up my business cards and flyers, there was a new stack of evaluation sheets filled up and placed in the box.

The evaluations asked for people to nominate their favourite and least favourite photos and for other comments in general.  The comments were all really positive and encouraging and it is very special to think that perfect strangers took the time to let you know how much they enjoyed your work.  I thought I would share some of the feedback with you…

image

As part of this process I had promised that the winner and their partner would be treated to lunch at the local Vietnamese Restaurant.  That was how last weekend, Steve and I found ourselves lunching with Lisa and her husband Brad.  Travellers themselves, they had previously done a world trip and come down under on working visas.  They loved it here so much, they have now migrated from Canada.  It was lovely to share stories with another couple who shared not just my love of travel but also other aspects of it such as photography.  Sadly, I didn’t take my camera that day..

“We will discover the nature of our particular genius when we stop trying to conform to our own and other’s people’s models, learn to be ourselves and allow our natural channel to open.” — Shakti Gawain

No comments:

Post a Comment